All St Philip’s boys become members of the OBA, along with their direct family members, upon leaving the School.
The OBA operates its own website at www.stphilipsoba.com
The OBA exists:
- To keep the School & its staff in lifelong contact with OBs and their families, & vice versa
- To maintain and update OB records
- To highlight the achievements of OBs
- To facilitate networking and social interaction amongst OBs
- To assist the School, where appropriate, with its academic, cultural, sporting & extracurricular activities
- To promote and advance the interests of the School in the wider community
To maintain your contact details, please email the OBA office.
100 OBs gather to remember the life of Richard Tibbits
Posted on May 26, 2017by stphilipsoba
Close to 100 old boys of St Philip’s met at Brown’s Hotel in Mayfair on the eve of St Philip’s Day to celebrate the life of Richard Tibbits, the first Head Master of St Philip’s.
Generously hosted by Sir Rocco Forte at Brown’s Hotel and organised by Robert de Lannay, the event was a great success. Guests, who had travelled from Austria, France, Spain, Germany, Hong Kong, the USA and Australia, were welcomed by St Philip’s Head Boy, Finn, and Deputy Head Boy, Jasper.
Sir Rocco made an entertaining and nostalgic speech. There were stories of dropped catches, epic boxing bouts, eccentric French masters and dubious gastronomy! The Old Boys’ Cup was presented by Sir Rocco to the current Head Master, and will be awarded to one boy each year who has demonstrated the character and values of St Philip’s as voted for by his peers.
Thanks are extended to Fran Brunault, Olivia Armes, Sofie von Graevenitz and Nico Blackwood for their assistance in organising the event.